mcDo stories

Sunday, December 25, 2005

looove xmas

HAPPY BDAY JESUS!!! MERRY XMAS TO ALL!!!

I love Xmas. It's the one day of the year that I'm always happy no matter what. Yes, always. I don't why but I always have a joyful feeling on Xmas day even though shit is happenning all around me, and even that one time that I spent my Xmas in Singapore without my family(but ofcourse it would have been much, much better if I was with them). Perhaps all the good experiences on Xmas day when I was a child still has an effect until this day, or maybe it's bcoz of my attitude of not wanting to miss out on special days like this, I really don't know. Whatever the reason is, I'm just thankful that I have this oppurtunity to celebrate Christmas and to be happy at least once a year.

I also express my gratitude towards the Spaniards that made us, Filipinos, Christians. Amidst all the crap and shit that Filipinos experience every year, there's this one day where we can forget about all the negative stuff and just celebrate the birth of Christ. The celebration here is not, in any way, superficial, like that of other countries where it is only celebrated in malls and tourist spots. The true spirit of Xmas is more evident especially now bcoz more Filipinos are financially struggling and you see less houses with Christmas decorations, less gifts from godparents, etc. But whatever the situation is, there are still things that will not be missing from Xmas celebrations here, and those are beers and pulutan, and I'm not kidding haha. Cheers to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home